The PPGA and more

Welcome to the web home of the Piss Poor Golfers Association ... as well as other various thoughts from the Commish. (And don't forget to ask me about making a birdie on No. 15 at Augusta National.)

Thursday, April 20, 2006

The 2006 PPGA lid-lifter

Gang,

We'll start the 2006 PPGA campaign on Sunday, April 23 at Quincy's Westview Golf Course. I've got two tee times set for 9:44 and 9:52 a.m. That means the field will be limited to eight players.

I know we've gone to Barry in the past to start the season. I know people like Schuckman love tradition. Heck, the only pieces of PPGA hardware I own are from the Bruner Battle at Barry.

However, I think I'm turning into a bit of a golf snob. (Playing Augusta National must do that to you. Just kidding.) Seriously though. Maybe I'm lazy, but I'd rather go to Westview, which is right in our backyard, and spend money there rather than get in the car (especially with gas at $3 a gallon), go to some goat track and knock it around. This way we get to sleep in a little later and get back home at a decent time without having to travel.

Now, this isn't to say we're not going to hit the road. I still think Hamilton, Camp Point, Hannibal and Monroe are decent courses. Now that we don't all suck as bad as we used to, I don't know that we need to get ready for the season knocking it around places like Barry and Palmyra (to name two).

Let me know what you think.

The Commish

3 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wise choice, oh commish of doom.

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I predict O'Brien will wear the PPGA strap this season and we will never hear the end of it, just like that damn birdie at No. 15.

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gough has a better chance of growing hair than DOB has of winning the PPGA strap! Paulie Shore will win an Oscar before our rotund-headed friend from Galesburg tastes success on the PPGA tour!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home